top of page

West Members

Public·10 members
Julius Kondratyev
Julius Kondratyev

All I Want Is You: The Story Behind Miguel's First Album and Its Hit Singles

Miguel All I Want Is You Album 2010zip: A Debut Album That Blends R&B, Hip-Hop, and Electro

Miguel All I Want Is You Album 2010zip is the first studio album by American R&B singer and songwriter Miguel. It was released on November 30, 2010, by ByStorm Entertainment, a Jive Records imprint label operated by music executive Mark Pitts, who had signed Miguel to the label. The album features guest appearances from rapper J. Cole and singer Mariah Carey, and production from Dre & Vidal, Fisticuffs, Happy Perez, State of Emergency, and Salaam Remi. The album was shelved by Jive for two years after legal issues with Miguel's former production company, but it became a sleeper hit on the Billboard 200 chart with the help of singles such as "All I Want Is You" and "Sure Thing". By September 2012, it had sold 404,000 copies in the United States. The album received positive reviews from critics, who praised Miguel's singing and songwriting abilities while drawing comparisons to Prince.

Miguel All I Want Is You Album 2010zip

Download: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Ftinourl.com%2F2tVruk&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AOvVaw15XYSv3ri79UhIl7ekAAOt

The Background and Recording of Miguel All I Want Is You Album 2010zip

Miguel started his career as a songwriter, writing songs for artists such as Musiq Soulchild, Mary J. Blige, and Usher. He wrote the R&B song "Sure Thing", which was pitched to Mark Pitts as a candidate for Usher's tentative album. Pitts was impressed by both "Sure Thing" and "Quickie", as well as Miguel's performance in-person, and signed him to a recording contract instead of offering the songs to Usher. "He came and performed and just had no fear. I loved him," Pitts later said of Miguel. "He was like Elvis. He was all over the place at the time, but it was just different. With a little tweaking, this could be special." [1]

After signing to ByStorm Entertainment in 2007, Miguel began recording his first album, Miguel All I Want Is You Album 2010zip. He worked with producers such as Dre & Vidal, Fisticuffs, Happy Perez, State of Emergency, and Salaam Remi, who helped him craft a diverse sound that blended R&B, hip-hop, neo soul, classic rock, funk, and electro. He also collaborated with rapper J. Cole on the title track and singer Mariah Carey on the bonus track "H.A.T.E.U." The album was completed in 2008, but it was shelved by Jive for two years after legal issues with Miguel's former production company. Miguel said that he felt frustrated and powerless during this period: "I didn't have any control over what was going on with my project or my situation." [2]

The Release and Reception of Miguel All I Want Is You Album 2010zip

Miguel All I Want Is You Album 2010zip was finally released on November 30, 2010. It debuted at number 109 on the Billboard 200 chart with first-week sales of 11,000 copies. It sold poorly at first due to lack of promotion and radio support from Jive. However, it gradually gained popularity through word-of-mouth and online buzz. The lead single "All I Want Is You" featuring J. Cole became a hit on urban radio stations and reached number seven on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart. The second single "Sure Thing" became Miguel's breakthrough hit and reached number one on the same chart. The third single "Quickie" also reached the top ten on the R&B/Hip-Hop chart. The fourth single "Girls Like You" peaked at number 36 on the same chart.

By September 2012, Miguel All I Want Is You Album 2010zip had sold 404,000 copies in the United States. It also received positive reviews from critics, who found some of the music inconsistent but praised Miguel's singing and songwriting abilities while drawing comparisons to Prince. Jason Newman from MTV Buzzworthy called it "a diverse album rooted in R&B and hip-hop, thoughtfully laced with elements of classic rock, funk and electro". [4] Marc Hogan from Spin said it featured neo soul music that was "both retro-minded and forward-looking". [5] David Jeffries from AllMusic described it as a "slick" and "sexy" synthesis of influences from Prince, Kanye West , and electro. [6]

The Legacy and Impact of Miguel All I Want Is You Album 2010zip

Miguel All I Want Is You Album 2010zip established Miguel as one of the most promising and innovative artists in contemporary R&B music. It also paved the way for his critically acclaimed second album Kaleidoscope Dream (2012), which featured more experimental and eclectic sounds and earned him three Grammy Award nominations , including Best Urban Contemporary Album . His third album Wildheart (2015) continued his artistic evolution and exploration of themes such as sexuality , spirituality , and identity . His fourth album War & Leisure (2017) incorporated more political and social commentary into his music while maintaining his signature style.

Miguel All I Want Is You Album 2010zip also influenced other artists in the R&B genre , such as Frank Ocean , The Weeknd , Bryson Tiller , SZA , Khalid , H.E.R . , Daniel Caesar , Ella Mai , Summer Walker , Giveon , Victoria Monét , Kehlani , Jhené Aiko , dvsn , Majid Jordan , PARTYNEXTDOOR , Roy Woods , Brent Faiyaz , SiR , Alina Baraz , Sabrina Claudio , Snoh Aalegra , Arin Ray , Lucky Daye , Pink Sweat$ , Gallant , Joji , Omar Apollo , Dominic Fike , Raveena , Cautious Clay , Berhana , Kyle Dion , Col3trane , Emotional Oranges , Masego , Xavier Omär . These artists have been inspired by Miguel's fusion of R&B with other genres such as hip-hop, rock, soul, funk, electro, pop, indie, alternative, psychedelic, trap-soul . They have also been influenced by his vocal delivery , lyrical content , melodic sensibility , production choices , aesthetic vision . They have followed his footsteps in creating innovative and diverse music that challenges the boundaries of R&B music.

Conclusion

Miguel All I Want Is You Album 2010zip is the debut studio album by American R&B singer and songwriter Miguel. It was released on November 30, 2010, by ByStorm Entertainment . It features guest appearances from rapper J. Cole and singer Mariah Carey . It was shelved by Jive for two years after legal issues with Miguel's former production company . It became a sleeper hit on the Billboard 200 chart with the help of singles such as "All I Want Is You" and "Sure Thing". It sold 404,000 copies in the United States by September 2012 . It received positive reviews from critics who praised Miguel's singing and songwriting abilities while drawing comparisons to Prince . It established Miguel as one of the most promising and innovative artists in contemporary R&B music . It also influenced other artists in the R&B genre who have been inspired by Miguel's fusion of R&B with other genres such as hip-hop rock soul funk electro pop indie alternative psychedelic trap-soul . We hope that this article has been informative and helpful for you . If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact us . Thank you for reading and happy listening !

The Songs of Miguel All I Want Is You Album 2010zip

Miguel All I Want Is You Album 2010zip consists of 13 songs that showcase Miguel's versatility and creativity as a singer, songwriter, and producer. The songs range from smooth and soulful ballads to upbeat and funky jams, blending R&B, hip-hop, neo soul, classic rock, funk, and electro influences. The songs also reflect Miguel's personal experiences and emotions, such as love, lust, pain, and joy. Here are some of the songs of Miguel All I Want Is You Album 2010zip:

• "Sure Thing": The first song and second single of the album, "Sure Thing" is a romantic and catchy song that expresses Miguel's unconditional love and loyalty to his partner. It features a guitar-driven melody and a chorus that repeats the phrase "You can bet that, never gotta sweat that". It was written by Miguel and Nathan Perez , and produced by Happy Perez . It reached number one on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and number 36 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

• "All I Want Is You": The title track and lead single of the album, "All I Want Is You" is a mid-tempo song that features rapper J. Cole . It tells the story of Miguel's regret and longing for his ex-girlfriend after breaking up with her. It was written by Miguel, J. Cole , and Salaam Remi , and produced by Salaam Remi . It reached number seven on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and number 58 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

• "Girl with the Tattoo Enter.Lewd": The third song of the album, "Girl with the Tattoo Enter.Lewd" is a short and sensual song that describes Miguel's attraction to a girl with a tattoo. It features a minimalist production with only Miguel's vocals and a piano. It was written and produced by Miguel.

• "Pay Me": The fourth song of the album, "Pay Me" is a club-ready song that features an electro-funk beat and a catchy hook that repeats the phrase "Pay me what you owe me". It was written by Miguel, Mac Robinson , and Brian Warfield , and produced by Fisticuffs .

• "Quickie": The fifth song and third single of the album, "Quickie" is a reggae-flavored song that expresses Miguel's desire for a casual sexual encounter with a girl. It features a guitar riff and a chorus that sings "I don't wanna be loved, I don't wanna be loved / I just want a quickie". It was written by Miguel, Mac Robinson , and Brian Warfield , and produced by Fisticuffs . It reached number four on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart.

The Songs of Miguel All I Want Is You Album 2010zip (Continued)

Here are some more songs of Miguel All I Want Is You Album 2010zip:

• "Girls Like You": The sixth song and fourth single of the album, "Girls Like You" is a smooth and soulful song that expresses Miguel's appreciation for his girlfriend and her qualities. It features a guitar riff and a chorus that sings "Girls like you remind me that I'm lonely / Yeah / Remind me that I'm lonely". It was written by Miguel, Mac Robinson , and Brian Warfield , and produced by Fisticuffs . It reached number 36 on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart.

• "Overload Enter.Lewd": The seventh song of the album, "Overload Enter.Lewd" is a short and sensual interlude that leads into the next song "Hard Way". It features a minimalist production with only Miguel's vocals and a synth. It was written and produced by Miguel.

• "Hard Way": The eighth song of the album, "Hard Way" is a mid-tempo song that tells the story of Miguel's relationship with a girl who cheated on him and broke his heart. It features a guitar-driven melody and a chorus that sings "I guess I had to learn the hard way". It was written by Miguel and Salaam Remi , and produced by Salaam Remi .

• "Teach Me": The ninth song of the album, "Teach Me" is a slow and sensual song that expresses Miguel's desire for his partner to teach him how to please her sexually. It features a piano-driven melody and a chorus that sings "Teach me baby / Teach me how to love you better". It was written by Miguel and Darnley Scantlebury , and produced by State of Emergency .

• "Hero": The tenth song of the album, "Hero" is an upbeat and funky song that expresses Miguel's confidence and charisma as a lover. It features an electro-funk beat and a chorus that sings "I'm your hero / I can save you / Baby let me rock your world". It was written by Miguel, Vidal Davis , Andre Harris , and Salaam Remi , and produced by Dre & Vidal .

Conclusion

In this article, we have reviewed the features, benefits, and drawbacks of Miguel All I Want Is You Album 2010zip, the debut studio album by American R&B singer and songwriter Miguel. We have also discussed how to use the software, some tips and tricks for using it, some reviews from other users, some alternatives to the software, and how to choose the best data recovery software for NTFS partitions. We hope that this article has been informative and helpful for you. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us. Thank you for reading and happy listening! 4e3182286b

About

Welcome to the West group! You can connect with other member...

Members

bottom of page