top of page

Southeast Members

Public·14 members
Julius Kondratyev
Julius Kondratyev

Visa Gift Card Can You Buy Things Online

Updated 10/2/2020Want to know a little known fact? You can shop online with a Visa gift card. So if you recently received a Visa gift card and want to redeem it for online purchases but aren't sure how it works, read this quick guide for how to's and helpful tips.

visa gift card can you buy things online

Download File: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Furlin.us%2F2ugdzj&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AOvVaw3EMCZG4fF2_slW5RuLONgY

Your Visa gift card must be activated in order to be used for purchases either online or in-store. Depending on where the gift card was purchased, you will have to activate your card on the issuing bank or provider's website or call the toll free number listed on the back of your card.

Card recipients should go online to register the card. Why? This ensures a name and address is linked to the card. When an order is placed, stores often use an Address Verification System to verify the card matches the billing address. This process helps restrict fraudulent activity associated with a lost or stolen card.

Be aware that certain stores require an exact amount or more on the card in order to complete the transaction. If the card does not have sufficient funds you may be out of luck unless a store allows you to apply a gift card balance to a purchase.

The Visa Gift card is an ideal choice for birthdays, holidays, weddings, and suits all your gift-giving needs. It's also perfect for people of all ages. You decide how much money to give; they decide where to spend it.

If a merchant cancels a purchase transaction for you, it may take three to seven business days for the cancellation to show up on your Visa Gift card record and for the funds to be credited to your card and available for use. Check the balance on your card, either online or by phone, to see when your cancelled purchase transaction has been processed. Refer to the back of your card for the web site address/phone number of the financial institution that issued your card.

Yes. Your Visa Gift card is intended for use anywhere Visa cards are accepted. To make an online or phone purchase, you will need to register your card. You can do this by either calling the provider, or by visiting their website.

First, make sure the gift card has been activated. This should have happened at the time of the sale. You might have received a gift receipt or a card holder confirming its activated status, but you can also call the phone number on the back of the card.

Next, check the card's balance. This is especially important if you have already used it, as gift cards often have activation fees. That $50 card may actually have a $49 balance. You'll need to know the exact dollar and cent number, so don't skip this step.

Quick tip: You can also do this on the Amazon Shopping app. Once you log in, select the profile tab, then choose Your Account followed by Your Payments. From there, you can tap +Add next to Cards and Accounts to add your Visa gift card as a payment option.

It's kind of annoying that you can't use a gift card along with another mode of payment, right? To get around this you can use your card's balance to buy an Amazon gift card that you give to yourself, and that can be used for anything on the site and combined freely with another payment method.

Quick tip: As the holidays approach, you might want to consider using Visa or Amazon gift cards to help pay for gifts. If that's something that appeals to you, you can make an Amazon wish list to help keep track of gift ideas.

You can also reload gift cards on Amazon, which can make them easier to use on the site. To do that, you'd go to the Accounts and Lists tab on the homescreen, followed by Gift Cards.

While prepaid gift cards can be stolen or lost, just like a debit card or credit card, there is some good news: The 2009 Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure (CARD) Act offers protections to gift cards issued by retailers and banks.

Thank you for being a part of the Oculus family! We understand that you are having issues using your visa gift card. Here is an article on what payment methods are allowed to purchase anything Oculus related. The card must be able to have funds added/reloaded to it. E-cards and virtual Mastercard's should work, but most gift cards do not have this option if your card is reloadable; you will then have to add the gift card, as a payment method to your oculus account. Here is a link on how to add/remove a payment method on your account. Feel free to reach out to us with any other questions, or concerns.

The visa GIFT CARDS don't work well with oculus I have gotten them to work by selecting American Islands not America on the region selection when entering the card info if you are using an iPhone or anything that can do apple pay or something like apple pay then make your visa gift card the primary payment method on your apple pay and use it through apple pay that seems to be the easiest way to use GIfT CARDS of any kind but if you don't have apple pay your best bet i

For example, you can use this card to pay bills like utilities, food, and housing costs. Simply enter the information when making a payment and the items will be deducted from your Visa gift card balance. You can also use it at stores like Walmart, Home Depot, and your local supermarket.

Want to get rid of your card altogether? Visit sites like Prepaid2Cash and CardCash to liquidate prepaid cards. These sites can transform prepaid cards from Visa, MasterCard gift cards, and cards from other leading merchants like Best Buy, Nike, and Target, to name just a few examples.

Another way to convert Visa gift cards to cash is to buy a money order. Simply visit the post office or banking kiosk, purchase a money order, and then deposit that into your checking account or use it to pay for a certain item.

Some consumers like to get creative when using Visa gift cards, and flipping products is one way to generate cash. For example, you could buy low-cost items online with a gift card and sell them on sites like eBay and Amazon to make a few bucks.

Some people also convert Visa gift cards to PayPal wallets or Venmo wallets for flexible online usage. Transferring money to a digital wallet can provide greater flexibility when making online transactions.

Using a Visa gift card can be a great and savvy way to pay down credit card debt. Let someone give you the gift of lower interest payments and debt-free living. Simply link your prepaid card to your credit card and pay whatever you wish from the remaining balance.

The trick to get around this is to use your Mastercard, Visa, or Amex gift card to buy an Amazon gift card. With Amazon gift cards, the full amount can be credited to your purchase, and any additional funds required can be paid with your regular credit card.

Just wanted to say a huge Thanks to Josh for his clear and accurate instructions for doing the above.I had tried it before using my own resources, without success. I am thrilled that it worked with your instructions, since I want to buy a special gift on Amazon, and adding the Mastercard gift card balances will REALLY HELP.Thanks again for the wonderful service you are providing.Gratefully,Mary Taddeo

I received a 100 dollar amex gift card and when i called the number on the back to register it the CSR said its already activated and they dont add names and addresses to gift cards. I tried the amexrewardcard.com website as well and same issue. if the card is already activated (mine is as a gift from company xmas party) it appears you are out of luck registering it and using it for amazon purchases.

Initially failed for me on an already activated amex gift card with no name on it. I had used my name and address on Amazon. Checked the amex site after reading here. There is no place to register the card.

I had the same problem Scott had: I tried to reload an amazon gift card from my Amex card, and saw immediately on balance.amexgiftcard.com/account a ten cent charge from amazon, which then caused the $100 charge to fail.

The AMEX card activation page we link to in the article is still active: And AMEX gift cards can be used at any retailer that accepts AMEX cards (which is pretty much every online retailer in the US). See:

VISA prepaid card issued to me does not work with the procedure shared. I am based out of India and tried applying this procedure for online purchase on Amazon website and it do not go beyond. Could you please suggest some alternative method. Will be really obliged.

I followed the instructions to add the card and just typed in my name when asked. After that I was able to add funds to the Amazon gift card balance and after about 5 minutes the funded were added and was able to are my purchase.

Hey all - this worked for a $100 Mastercard gift card that I registered with the URL on the back of the card. Easy to follow instructions, thank you! BONUS - Amazon LIKED that I reloaded the gift card balance and gave me a $10 BALANCE RENEWAL REWARD for doing that!

These instructions still work as of March 2023 - I was able to successfully load the virtual rebate visa card I received from my contact lens retailer as another payment card on my Amazon account - I then set it as my default card. I followed the next step to reload my Amazon gift card using this payment method. Be patient as Amazon states it can take 5 minutes etc to process the order. Voila payment accepted - I then went to the vendor site and it showed the full payment went to Amazon. On my Amazon account - the full amount showed up on my Amazon gift card balance.

As a side note - I did not have to register my virtual visa card with the rebate company - they already had my name and billing attached to my card - which they got when I filled out the information when I applied online for my rebate.It is also a good idea to create an account with the rebate company (if they provide this option) - so you can track the status of your rebate and receive email/text updates.

Aside from random gift card purchases for birthdays or teacher gifts, some people also go out of their way to buy gift cards with a credit card, usually to earn rewards or save money on a specific purchase. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the Southeast Group! You can connect with other m...

Members

bottom of page