top of page

Canada Members

Public·11 members
Julius Kondratyev
Julius Kondratyev

Death Parade Episode 3 \/\/FREE\\\\

A man and a woman wake up in Quindecim - the man, Shigeru, remembers heading home from college on a bus and nothing else. The woman can't even remember her own name, but Decim explains that the judgment game they're about to play - bowling - might help her remember. This is Quindecim, so the bowling balls these two are supposed to use for the game are tied to their organs - this time each ball is linked to their respective hearts, and they have to play using the other's heart-ball. In contrast to the darts, there's no pain, only the warm, visceral feeling of entering the innermost sanctum of a strangely familiar person's emotion, and slowly, each frame reveals the past these two share. After a few frames, Shigeru makes a wager: if he wins the game, she has to go on a date with him. Naturally, neither of them realize they're dead yet. Dating is generally reserved for the living.As the game rolls on, it's slowly revealed that the woman isn't who she thinks she is - it's a tragedy, drastic measures taken in pursuit of true love, a desperate act that went ignored until it was confronted seconds before death. Shigeru realizes all too soon what's really going on, and realizes his grave error; the two steal a moment in the end, enjoying their final seconds on this mortal coil together before it's off to the elevators. Decim and the nameless woman (let's refer to her as 'Onna' until they give her a name) expected this to turn out much worse, but those two crazy kids are resigned to their fate, and we're off to the next game... but not before a quick round of bowling.So after last week's journey into the wilderness of unnecessary recaps, we're back to the death game, and it's pretty good. The episode's production values still aren't quite what they were in the first installment, but it's a step up from last week, and I appreciated the tonal shift; this is a sweet, sad story about desperation, unrequited love and the mistakes we make by overlooking the potential right in front of us. They do a great job building up to the climax, holding the reveal until the very end - Decim and Onna share a scandalous whisper before anything is revealed to us, and the characterization of Shigeru and the mystery woman is kinda touching. Admittedly the twist is some Lifetime Original Movie melodrama (let's say it stars Rob Lowe and is called "WHY WON'T YOU LOVE MY FACE" or something like that), but it's a far cry from the crazy frothing theatrics of the first episode, so it's nice to know it isn't going to be hair-tearing dark despair every time. The highlight of the episode is when Decim makes a funny. I hope they keep humanizing him like that - it's charming, and building the characters in sideline moments during the death games is a great way to give us these snippets of development without having to show us the entire thing again from Onna's perspective.The preview for next week's episode - "Death Arcade", which sounds promising - shows us yet another couple locked in mortal combat, and after this episode I'm really hoping the show decides to do something other than give us a man and a woman and the trouble they face (so to speak) by betraying one another. Both death games so far have involved duplicitous women (with nuanced reasons for being so, for sure) and I'm kinda hoping we get some cases like the pilot episode, which didn't involve two people who knew eachother in life. Their lives had thematic links rather than literal ones, and I liked that approach. Death Parade is still a great show, and this episode worked, but if the theme of this show turns out to be "men and women just can't get along!" that's going to be kind of a bummer. We'll see. Rating: B+Death Parade is currently streaming onFunimation.

Death Parade Episode 3

Misaki is miserable because she tried so hard for her five kids, despite her selfish ways. And Yosuke feels regret over not seeing his stepmom as his mom. He holds them both, telling them they did the best they could. Honestly, for whatever reason, this part of the episode nearly made me cry.

Despite my predictions of such a thing, this made me gasp in surprise. Why am I so surprised about death in this show at this point? I should have expected a suicide at some point. This is probably why she arrived alone and somehow remembered that she was dead but not how she died.

In this episode, it is revealed that everyone, include Oculus, are dummies. Decim takes Chiyuki back to the world of the living and gives her the option to press the button on the remote he always has. In this case, she will be brought back to life but will lose her memories of her time at Quindecim. Her family and friends will also forget she ever died. And, possibly because of her time at Quindecim, Chiyuki realizes that it is not wrong for people to want to understand one another. (Reminder: she originally killed herself because no one understood her feelings).

A particular interesting point of this episode is when it is revealed that either Decim is an arbiter implanted with human emotions. Nona expresses interest in seeing an arbiter use human emotion to judge guests.

Death Parade is a 2015 original anime series produced by Madhouse. It aired in Japan from January 9 to March 27, 2015, consisting of twelve episodes. FUNimation Entertainment acquired the rights to the show and aired a broadcast dub from February 18 to May 6, 2015.

Love this anime no matter how many times I have to say that I love it. I recommend this anime TO EVERYONE! The second episode was a success right next to the first episode! All of the characters were awesome, especially Koro-sensei! He has Mach 20 speed, a kind heart, a bright mind, and a very colorful face! I want to see the new student in action because he is AWESOME!!

This episode really helped explain what happened in the last episode. It definitely explained who those two girls were in the last few minutes of the last episode, and it explained how the couple was judged after death.

Summary: After death, humans are either sent to the void or reincarnated. But for some, at the instant of their death, they arrive at Quindecim, a bar attended by the mysterious white-haired Decim. He challenges them to the Death Game, wherein they wager their lives and reveal their true natures. Decim himself is the ultimate arbitrator of who wins and who loses, who will go to the void, and who will be reincarnated.

The whole concept of this anime is really interesting and awesome! Arbiters like Decim judge dead people by making them play games! I loved the twister episode! There were some really cool twists that made the game intense and funny!!

3) Wow, this was such a lovely sequence. And then, as all dreams must, it ends, the gossamer dissipates. Chiyuki, in life as well, was like a doll, and then she broke, her strings all loose now with no one to play with her. At least in death, she had one more opportunity to dance as she once did.

In episode 6, Harada was sent to void despite him repenting his attempt to kill Mayu. Yet, in episode 2, both Chisato and Shigeru was reincarnated, despite Chisato lying to Shigeru about her identity. Yes, Shigeru knows about her identity, but still she is lying to him.

Ginti, for instance, cast Harada into the void because he was about to betray Mayu, pushing her to her death. Ginti didn't care that Harada had a change of heart and tried to save her; he would've pushed her in cold blood anyways, had she not decided to jump on her own.

Decim, on the other hand, focused more on the actual result, rather than what might have happened. If we look back to episode 1: Takashi (the husband) was sent for reincarnation, despite him betraying his wife (he eventually played to win, after all). Takashi even tried to attack his own wife, only to be stopped by Decim.

Later on, Decim's (in)actions drastically change his style of judgement. In episode 4, Decim doesn't even try to stop Misaki (the TV show hostess) as she repeatedly smashes Yousuke's (the NEET) skull into the screen, probably because the game was still in progress then.

Finally, we have Tatsumi (the fallen detective) and Shimada (the boy whose sister was raped) during episodes 8 and 9. Like before, Decim stops Shimada from attacking Tatsumi after the game's end. Only this time, he provides Shimada with an opportunity to torture Tatsumi. Had Decim performed his judgement the same way he did in episode 1, Shimada would probably not have been cast into the void.

As for episode 3 (not 2), Mai (aka Chisato) didn't exactly lie to Shigeru; not intentionally, at least. At first she didn't remember who she was and as the game progressed, she remembered Shigeru, Chisato, and Mai. Only, she believed she was Chisato, and it wasn't until after the game had ended, that she remembered who she really was. As soon as she remembered, she tried to tell Shigeru the truth, but he interrupted her, saying he already knew.

In the end, there is no real determining factor to the judgements. Every arbiter judges as he or she pleases, and their judgement can change dramatically over time, as seen with the stark contrast between episode 1 and episode 9.

This anime used to be hard to watch whenever the music took a back seat to the romantic development. I felt like without the grace of the music, this anime really was too melodramatic. It still kind of is, and I have accepted that Your Lie in April will always be that way, but this episode finally built a much stronger foundation for this interconnected love story to grow. Kousei has quite a potential emotional cataclysm on his hand in this episode, and I really like that.

Death Parade, like Tokyo Ghoul dialed things back, and approached things with a much more calm, and upbeat manner. However, in the case of Death Parade, it showed just how much variety this show could bring us. I thought it would be one dark, clever story after another, but this episode just demonstrated that Death Parade can be about something fun and warmhearted. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the Canada group! You can connect with other memb...

Members

bottom of page